Plan International is an independent organization, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations. We stand up for children’s rights worldwide and strive to be open, accountable and honest in what we do. We have been working for over 80 years to tackle poverty, violence and injustice. In more than 70 countries, girls and boys are encouraged to actively shape their future. Our main objective is to achieve sustainable change and to enhance the living conditions of the people in our partner countries. When disasters or conflicts threaten their lives and well-being, we are quick to respond. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals encourage us to continue to strengthen girls and women and to promote gender equality. Our ambition is to transform the lives of 100 million girls so that they can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- Start date: October 01, 2019 / limited to nine month -
You will work in the newly formed hub for sponsorship communication . The hub is a centralised global approach to gather and produce child sponsorship communication content adaptable for both print and digital across Plan International fundraising offices. The hub refines the child sponsorship journey by producing content that is of high-quality, impact focused, bite-sized and digital to make child sponsorship ‘’real’’ in a development context and enhance sponsor engagement.
The purpose of this job, in the hub, is to deliver sponsor facing communication and content that will be used in fundraising offices around the world.
What you’ll do:
You will be our go to person for producing, developing, and reviewing our sponsor communications. This means you will create content and also be instrumental in the planning and development of new pieces of content. Your tasks focus on the following:
- Writing sponsor facing updates, using source material from program countries
- Reviewing source material and photos for quality
- Approving updates from other writers and editing for language and content
- Guiding the production of short, authentic child-centred videos
- Editing these videos for length and flow, adding sub titles
- Editing photos, occasionally creating graphics
- Creating engaging and easily consumable document layouts and design elements
- Participating in the creation of metrics to measure success of content across fundraising offices
Skills you have:
You are a Jack or Jill of all trades in communications content. You move seamlessly between layout design, video or photo editing, and writing. Alongside your creative chops you are also analytical and understand how content is consumed. You have these skills:
- A university degree (communications, journalism, digital media, design etc.)
- At least 3 years working in communications and writing in a warm and conversational tone
- Design and marketing experience and knowledge; you know what engages modern content consumers
- Proficient video editing and photo editing skills
- Fluent English, preferably native speaker. Basic understanding of German (all communication in the office is in German)
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining high standards
- Flexible and stress resistant, you can go with the flow
- You identify with the values and mission of Plan International
- Willingness to travel worldwide if needed
Wie bewirbt man sich
How to apply:
If you are interested in this demanding job, please apply online on our Homepage jobs.plan.de
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
Wenn Sie sich für diese Stelle bewerben, geben Sie bitte auch 'creativeset' auf Ihrer Bewerbung an.