Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary
MISSION AND TASKS
Founded in 2002 by Francesca von Habsburg, Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary (TBA21) is dedicated primarily to the commissioning and dissemination of ambitious, experimental, and unconventional projects that defy traditional categorizations. This approach has gained the collection a pioneering reputation throughout the world. The foundation’s projects promote artistic practices that are architectural, context- and site-specific, performative, and often informed by an interest in social aesthetics and environmental concerns.
The Head of Press is required to implement all organisational aspects of international public relations. The job is required to be a full-time job starting as soon as possible in the TBA21 office in Vienna.
This entails the set-up of TBA21 press strategies on a national and international scale, coordination and production of press material, advertising and marketing management, organization of press travels, facilitation of an address database, as well as network expansion and allocator management.
Furthermore, this position includes financial responsibility for obtaining estimates, contracting local companies, supervision of expenses. It is required to facilitate event planning between the Press and the Media Department.
- Ability to deliver successful press events, including media, public relations, guest lists, press conferences as well as press lunches, knowledge of transport, etc.
- Serve as a local reference point for TBA21 and partners in order to be able to coordinate before, during and briefly after the event.
- To work closely with the Media Department and external agencies. Shared skills of knowledge are necessary and appropriate.
- professional PR skills
- successful record of planning and implementing major international events in the fields of art and culture
- project management skills including budgeting and controlling
- IT literacy using Microsoft Office: email, word, xls, powerpoint, as well as Presstige(database for press, media and address management), graphic layout software
- in-depth knowledge of press production in the field of contemporary art
- experience in working with international creators and artists
- understanding of art vocabulary and curatorial concepts to ensure the successful implementation of ambitious artistic projects
- hands-on mentality
- organised, rigorous, structured personality
- perfect fluency in English, as well as German
- capacity for multi-tasking
- excellent communication skills
- familiar with local working context
- ability to work to tight deadlines
Please SEND US your CV, work samples and your salary requirement to: email@example.com
If you apply for this position, please note on your application that you saw the position on creativeset.